Questions regarding the Latin of the Medieval period, approximately 500–1400
The primary eras of Latin, with approximate dates, are:
- Old (before 75 BC) old-latin
- Classical (75 BC to AD 300) classical-latin
- Late (300–500) late-latin
- Medieval (500–1400) medieval-latin
- New/Modern (1400–1900) new-latin
- Contemporary (1900–present) contemporary-latin
For the spoken Latin of the common people until the 6th century, use vulgar-latin.
For changes in Latin within and especially across eras, use language-evolution.