Questions concerning Latin of the classical era, approximately 75 BCE to 300 CE
The primary eras of Latin, with approximate dates, are:
- Old (before 75 BCE) old-latin
- Classical (75 BCE to 300 CE) classical-latin
- Late (300–500) late-latin
- Medieval (500–1400) medieval-latin
- New/Modern (1400–1900) new-latin
- Contemporary (1900–present) contemporary-latin
For questions concerning specifically spoken Latin until the 6th century, use vulgar-latin.
For changes in Latin within and especially across eras, use language-evolution.