Questions concerning verbs: words describing action.
Verbs are action-words: words that describe the action done by the subject. Verbs can be both active, passive, and even an inbetween called medio-passive. Examples of verbs include ‘give’, ‘hurt’, ‘hit’, ‘love’, ‘reads’, ‘is’.
- John gave Mary a pedalcar for her birthday.
- You hurt me deeply.
- Mary hit Paul with a pillow.
- Paul loves to dance the tango.
- John’s thesis reads well.
- Paul is John’s father.
- John was given much love during his childhood.
The first four examples demonstrate active verbs; the fifth demonstrates a medio-passive verb; the sixth is an example of an intransitive verb, where the verb functions almost like an equals sign; and the seventh is an example of a passive verb.
Questions within this category have verbs as a main part of their problem; other tags will usually be helpful to further specify the question.