Derivative can be anything for liberi.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Cerberus Jan 16 at 0:46

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Welcome: Just a side note to this question: the lib is long. All the words in English with a short 'i' (liberty, liberality,) in Latin are ī pronounce long "leeb-". And all the words with long 'i' (library, libellous) come from Latin short ĭ "lĭb-". English students of Latin have been known for wrong quantities since 1500. – Hugh Jan 10 at 3:49
    Welcome to the site! I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you looking for words derived from liberi, where liberi is derived from, or perhaps words derived from the same source as liberi? Please edit your question to clarify. – Joonas Ilmavirta Jan 10 at 8:42

If you are actually looking for words derived from lībĕr, or lībĕri, ōrum, then I suggest you look up all the words beginning with lib- in your own language, if that is English, French, Spanish.

If you want words from which lībĕri, ōrum, is derived, this may help. It is taken from the Perseus Charlton T. Lewis; Charles Short Latin Dictionary

lībĕri, ōrum,
līber, ĕra, ĕrum old form, loebesum et loebertatem antiqui dicebant liberum et libertatem. Ita Graeci λοιβὴν et λείβειν, Paul. ex Fest. p. 121 Müll.; cf. 2. Liber), adj. Gr. root λιφ-, λίπτω, to desire; cf. Sanscr. lub-dhas, desirous; Lat. libet, libido,

In Latin children are only lībĕri if they are

"A Free, in a social point of view, not a slave or
B Free, in a political point of view; said both of a people not under monarchical rule and of one not in subjection to another people"

Otherwise children are puer or juvenis (from the 15th year); but the same person is often called in one place adulescens, and in another juvenis.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.