I'm using a university account to sign into Oxford Scholarly Editions Online (OSEO).

1. To what 'widget' does the official webpage refer? Is it online? Must it be downloaded?

A widget enabling users to look up words in the Oxford Latin Dictionary, ed. P. G. W. Glare (2nd edn, 2012), is included for all users of the Latin content on Oxford Scholarly Editions Online.

1. I searched for it on OSEO, but see no result?

WITHHELD UNTIL COPYRIGHT STATUS VERIFIED

• Great find! Can you add this to the online dictionary list too? – Joonas Ilmavirta Apr 1 at 14:24
  • @JoonasIlmavirta Well, I made a comment to Alex, which has it in an answer, to update it. A new answer is probably redundant. – luchonacho Apr 1 at 14:53
  • Not redundant at all. There are already a number of answers for different ways to access Lewis and Short. What you found is a separate online dictionary source, so I'd be happy to see it as a separate answer. – Joonas Ilmavirta Apr 1 at 14:57
  • @JoonasIlmavirta Well, let me see what Alex thinks. It does seems to me more efficient to focus on dictionaries rather than sources, so you don't have to go through a list of sources but of dictionaries. – luchonacho Apr 1 at 15:05
    @AlexB.Good point. It seems it was uploaded by a user unrelated to OUP. I was confounded by the Creator, which of course might have nothing to do with the uploader. I have consulted with OUP and will update asap. We don't want to promote material not in the public domain. – luchonacho Apr 2 at 9:48

First of all, you must have an institutional subscription to the Latin content on Oxford Scholarly Editions Online.

You don’t need to download anything.

“Select any word in a Latin text and a pop-up menu will appear.”

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.