I would like to know how to translate cogemur. I saw that it is the first-person plural future passive indicative cogo. But cogo translates as 'force' to me in Google Translate. So that doesn't seem to make much sense as a verb. Being strong?

Cogo has various meanings, including "to force" in the sense of "compel, make someone do something"; it can also mean "to gather or collect". A precise translation will depend on the context, but in the first-person plural future passive indicative, cogemur might mean "we will be forced / compelled / constrained", or possibly "we will be gathered / collected / mustered". If you have a sentence in which the word occurs, we'll be able to tell you more.

That's an excellent response! It is actually the acronym of a repository for researchers to share computer generated music, so I think the meaning may be perfect :) – dorien Feb 21 '17 at 12:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.