1. I drive out; expel.
2. I demand, require; enforce, exact (pay).
3. I execute, complete a task.
4. I measure against a standard; weigh.
5. I determine, find out, ascertain.
6. I examine, consider, test.
7. I endure, undergo.
8. (of time) I spend, pass.
9. I bring to an end, conclude, finish, complete.
To me, meanings 4, 6, 7, and 8 appear more abstracted from the etymology, and appear to have shifted semantically. So what underlying semantic notions captures and explain all the meanings above, as well as representing the Semantic Field for this verb?