I'm very familiar with Latin declensions, and have the resources necessary for that, but I have found nothing for Ancient Greek that I am able to make use of, especially considering my lack of understanding of how to use the few dictionaries that there are for word declension. The LSJ's entry for it is ωνος, ὁ,, though perseus.tufts.edu lists the LSJ entry as λόρδ-ων , ωνος, ὁ,. I already know my way around noun cases, so I don't need an explanation of those.
As for the definition, the LSJ says that means "the demon of impure", but I can find no other source to back that up, though I can find very few sources in general, since my search queries continuously returned results for the verb λορδός.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and I will change the tags if needed. Thanks in advance.

If the LSJ entries are correct (and I don’t see why they shouldn’t be – they generally are), it would be declined… exactly as it says. Nom.sg. would be λόρδων, acc.sg. λόρδω(να), gen.sg. λόρδωνος, dat.sg. λόρδωνι, voc.sg. λόρδον; nom.pl. λόρδωνες, acc.pl. λόρδωνας, gen.pl. λορδώνων, dat.pl. λόρδωσι. But a simple lookup of Greek declension types could tell you that, so what is the actual question, then? (Also λοδρός isn’t a verb, did you mean to write λορδόω.) May 17 at 23:24
    the LSJ and Perseus entries look entirely consistent to me. For resources on Greek denclensions, the wikipedia page for "ancient greek nouns" has tables for the relevant noun classes. In this case it mostly looks like a double stem in on, with the length on the o outside the nominative singular either being generalised by analogy, or due to contraction with an underlying stem-final a
    – Tristan
    May 18 at 8:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy