Do you know any good sources for listings of alternative forms of common words. For example most websites, books and tables only show "meo" for the Ablative of "meus", but there are better sources like THIS ONE which include rare forms like "meopte".

I would like to include those rare forms in my database for an application so I would appreciate information about good sources for those kind of form tables.
Thanks!

I should note that it's not a true alternate form. It's used only by the comic playwrights, and Festus says it's equivalent to meo ipso. Are you looking for every single difference, then? Like illum + est = illumst, too? Or only true alternate forms, like deum being a poetical form of deorum?
    – cmw
    Feb 19, 2022 at 16:33
  • @cmw First of all I'm looking for something like the second example you mentioned.
    – Cyb3rKo
    Feb 19, 2022 at 17:05
  • I would expect these things to appear in standard textbooks like Wheelock's or maybe somewhere in Allen and Greenough's, you might want to start there. Also, as was said before, your example meopte was not an alternative form, but a sort of compound form. You could have caught this by looking it up in a dictionary. You could try Logeion by the University of Chicago: logeion.uchicago.edu/meopte
    – Vtex
    Feb 20, 2022 at 22:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.