What is the Latin verb for "To move out, or cause to be moved out, upon, or by means of, rollers or small wheels"? I tried hard to find something like this on the Internet, but I failed...

evolve/revolve? No. It means to roll something. Like a stone.

E.g. Mar 16:3 et dicebant ad invicem quis revolvet nobis lapidem ab ostio monumenti
He wheeled out a stretcher from the ambulance. - E subitis medicae curru lecticulam evolvi.

It looks like the poor paramedic rolled it out in the head over heels way, doesn't it?

I know it's better to say He unloaded a stretcher from the ambulance. Though what word is for unload in Latin in the case? exonero? I'm stuck.

1 Answer 1


I don't know if there's a specific word for "move by wheels" -- Latin tends to express manner of motion not in the verb itself, but by adverbials, participles, and the like.

So you might want to use a verb like traho "drag, pull" (or some prefixed variant like abstraho, extraho), and add something like rotis "by wheels" if necessary.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.