In the context of live life, die with memories

I’m going to have a tatto, vitam vivere(live life) on my right arm, and I want to tattoo die with memories on my left one.

Welcome to the site! We require that translation requests provide a bit more context. Can you explain what you mean, exactly, by "die with memories"? What are memories in this sense, and is it desirable to die having them?
    – Cerberus
    Nov 22 '21 at 4:51
  • Memories as in good, remarkable memories. Like memories you make in your life, through events and etc. And yes, it is desirable to die having them. Hope this helps, and thank you for your comment.
    – xxcb
    Nov 23 '21 at 3:20

If you want to go with a complement to vitam vivere, you could use an infinitive like mori or perire and an alliterative word to match it.

Memori(i)s Mori = To die with (things) remembered.

or

Memor Mori = To die unforgetting.

The former rolls off the tongue a little better to my ears. Though the latter might sound stronger in combination with vitam vivere; I am not certain which would be preferable.

Memoriis mori sounds like "to die from memories," I feel there needs to be a cum. Nov 22 '21 at 19:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.