Trying to find the correct adjective for “very lucky/very fortunate “ in feminine singular. Valde fortunata or ipsum fortunata?

Think simple!

Fortunatissima

… is the easiest answer. Valde fortunata is also correct, and maxime fortunata as well.

| improve this answer | |
    I think "Beatus -a -um" also works very appropriately -- "Beatissima" perhaps. – Nickimite Sep 10 at 19:20
    @Nickimite I recommend giving that as a separate answer, describing the meaning of the two adjectives (or at least beatus). I have an upvote waiting with your name on it. (+1 also to this answer.) – Joonas Ilmavirta Sep 10 at 19:23

A wall inscription from Pompeii: "phoenix felix et tu" = "The phoenix is fortunate/ happy and you (too).". Alternatively, "Be as fortunate/ happy as the phoenix.".

In Latin the phrase "et tu" has fold-back quality: "and you too". In contemporary English a response to a greeting could be: "And you (too).".

See: https://www.wondersandmarvels.com/2014/03/up-yours-brutus.html

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.