I took Latin in high school (c1995, United States) and each student in my class had a subscription to a Latin-language newspaper. I think it was published once a month or maybe bi-weekly, and it was intended for students taking the language. Is anyone familiar enough to recognize this and remember the name? I would like to find out if it is still publishing.

It's worth noting, Google is not much help as "latin-language newspaper" tends to lead to Latin American resources. Neat, but not helping here. – James Howard Feb 19 '20 at 0:17
  • Online there’s. ephemeris.alcuinus.net – Tom Gewecke Feb 19 '20 at 0:51
  • The Times(UK) each Saturday has a Latin Crossword (main paper, last page). – Hugh Feb 19 '20 at 0:51

In the grand tradition of things always being in the last place you left them, despite searching for several days, I found the answer on my own a few hours after I posted this. The newspaper was called Pompeiiana and was published from 1974 to 2003. Apparently the entire back catalog is available, legally, online at http://pompeiiana.blogspot.com/.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.